- Check start parameter/configuration file/tool configuration by P4 Client.
- Check Java version: BranchView run only with JDK version >=1.2 .
- You must select one file/directory in P4 client, before BranchView can be started from "tools" menu.
- Run BranchView with "-props" parameter and set "p4.diff_exe_path" to path of your Diff - tool.
- examdiff.exe is not in the system path?
- If you start BranchView with "-props" parameter: check property file: "p4.diff_exe_path" should point to path of your Diff - tool. If path of the Diff - tool contains blanks, use "" around path.
Example: instead of p4.diff_exe_path=c:\my diff tool\tool.exe use p4.diff_exe_path="c:\my diff tool\tool.exe"
- If BranchView is in "offline" - mode, you cannot use Diff - tool anyway, this is limited by design.
- If you set any option in a properties dialog, this will be valid for all BranchView windows, running in a same Java virtual mashine. After a closing of all BranchView windows, all properties wil be stored in a property file. But if you run BranchView again without "-props" parameter, default options respectively startup parameter will be used, even if properties file exist and contains your changes. Currently is only usage of "-props" parameter force BranchView use properties file and as result, use you custom settings.
- If you try to load one big directory with many branches/revisions, then BranchView need lot of time to draw they all on screen...
- It can happen, that the tooltip will be "broken" because of too large amount of data, currently i haven't fix for this problem. Nevertheless, you can get this information from BranchView: select one revision, and with Ctrl + C copy the information about this revision into clipboard.
- Now yes!!! I'm absolutely sure, that only commented code is good code, and i hope, i have posted only good code.
- Under Perforce (www.perforce.com) public depot, path is: //public_depot/guest/andrei_loskutov/branchview