AddIPAliases - slow.conf configuration item
AddIPAliases = [ true | false ]
The AddIPAliases slow.conf configuration item instructs slowmilt
to record events in the following manner:
This AddIPAliases item is declared like this:
By default, AddIPAliases is false, so no aliased IP number records are
- Record the events for the original IP number
- Reverse lookup that IP number to find the host name
- Look up that host name to find if it has additional IP numbers
- Record each addtional IP number with the same events, but
set the aip flag (see the
standard event set)
for each of those addtional records.
Note two critical concerns:
If you attempt to define this item as true on a host that lacks the
the following warning will print and this item will be
- Because DNS lookups can hang for up to 90 seconds, you should
only define this item if you have access to a fast or caching
- If your system lacks getipnodebyaddr(3), this
item will be unavailable. This is because gethostbyaddr
is not thread-safe.
AddIPAliases requires getipnodebyaddr(). Upgrade your OS.