This is a test harness for the Perforce Unix SDP (Server Deployment Package). It used to use Vagrant, but has now been converted to use Docker containers (see older versions of this file for Vagrant instructions).
To use this bundle you will need to download and install the following free tool:
If you're not familiar with Docker, it is building up a huge momentum because of its sweet spot functionality which addresses fast creation of virtual environments and the ability to ship images with all dependencies between different environments.
1) Create a workspace named YourID.test_sdp_dev.sdp (replacing YourID with your account name in the Perforce Public Depot). The root directory should be the directory where this README.md file was found, such that it creates the
sdp folder below this directory and maps some test files in this directory. The
View: of the workspace should look like this sample:
View: //guest/perforce_software/sdp/dev/... //YourID.test_sdp_dev.sdp/sdp/... p4 -s -c YourID.test_sdp_dev sync
3) From the command prompt run run_docker_tests.sh from the root directory of the workspace. The first time you run it will take a while as it builds the initial docker images!
Build your docker image (from workspace root):
1) sdp/test/build_docker_image.sh centos7
How to run all tests:
1) docker run --rm -v $PWD/sdp:/sdp perforce/centos7-sdp /p4/docker_entry.sh
How to interactively poke around inside the container (run scripts manually):
1) docker run --rm -v $PWD/sdp:/sdp -it perforce/centos7-sdp /bin/bash 2) Run 'su - perforce' to become user perforce (home directory is /p4) 3) cat reset_sdp.sh 3) /p4/test_sdp.sh
Substitute 'centos7' with 'ubuntu20' or similar to use different distributions in above commands."
Once you are comfortable with the workflow above, see the env.sh file that contains shorthands to speed up your workflow.
Adjusted samples to reference centos7 rahter than centos6, which is
Added convenience aliases and function to provide shorthands for
Docker test environment workflow.
|#8||25154||robert_cowham||Missed README from previous change|
Change scripts to be able to be run from workspace root
So no longer requires funny mapping in workspace view (see README.md for view)
Made sample commands that should work w/o modification, instead
of mixing CentOS/Ubuntu.
Replaced `pwd` with $PWD because `pwd` doesn't render as
reliably in different Markdown editors.
Removed unnecessay 'sudo' (since it is called when aleady
|#5||20881||robert_cowham||Clarify docker instructions.|
|#4||19023||robert_cowham||Update to refer to Docker instead of Vagrant|
|#3||12924||tom_tyler||Very minor doc tweaks in SDP test suite.|
|#2||12028||tom_tyler||Refreshed SDP dev branch, merging down from main.|
Fix test comments regarding workspace setup for Workshop location
Tidy Vangrantfile comments
|#1||10148||tom_tyler||Promoted the Perforce Server Deployment Package to The Workshop.|