# Valid Geographic site tags. # Each is intended to indciate a geography, and optionally a specific Data # Center (or Computer Room, or Computer Closet) within a given geographic # location. # # The format is: # Name:Description # The Name must be alphanumeric only. The Description may contain spaces. # Lines starting with # and blank lines are ignored. bej: Beijing, China bos: Boston, MA, USA blr: Bangalore, India chi: Chicago greater metro area cni: Chennai, India pune: Pune, India lv: Las Vegas, NV, USA mlb: Melbourne, Australia syd: Sydney, Australia
Renamed sample files (e.g. SiteTags.cfg) in SDP tarball tree, appending
a .sample tag, to make rsync overlay of /p4/common/config safe.
Updated related docs in mkrep.sh referring to the sample file, to improve
an error message to guide the user to find the sample file.
Refinements to @27712:
* Resolved one out-of-date file (verify_sdp.sh).
* Added missing adoc file for which HTML file had a change (WorkflowEnforcementTriggers.adoc).
* Updated revdate/revnumber in *.adoc files.
* Additional content updates in Server/Unix/p4/common/etc/cron.d/ReadMe.md.
* Bumped version numbers on scripts with Version= def'n.
* Generated HTML, PDF, and doc/gen files:
- Most HTML and all PDF are generated using Makefiles that call an AsciiDoc utility.
- HTML for Perl scripts is generated with pod2html.
- doc/gen/*.man.txt files are generated with .../tools/gen_script_man_pages.sh.
Added mkrep.sh script to create a replica.
This current version does most of the steps of creating a replica in
an SDP environment, benefitting from server spec naming standards and
conventions. It then provides guidance on the remaining steps
(e.g. transferring the checkpoint to the replica host, etc.)
It greatly reduces the complexity of creating a replica by
distilling the many potential replica types to just those few commonly
used, 'fr' (forwarding replica), 'ro' (read-only replica), and 'edge'.
The script is self-documenting with a '-h' (short usage) and '-man'
(detailed man page) options.
This first version is functional but is definitely a work in progress.
It will evolve as part of the HMS project, but this part of HMS lives
in the stock SDP.