This is a test harness for the Perforce Unix SDP (Server Deployment Package). It used to use Vagrant, but has now been converted to use Docker containers (see older versions of this file for Vagrant instructions).
To use this bundle you will need to download and install the following free tool:
If you're not familiar with Docker, it is building up a huge momentum because of its sweet spot functionality which addresses fast creation of virtual environments and the ability to ship images with all dependencies between different environments.
1) Create a workspace named YourID.test_sdp_dev.sdp (replacing YourID with your account name in the Perforce Public Depot). The root directory should be the directory where this README.md file was found, such that it creates the
sdp folder below this directory and maps some test files in this directory. The
View: of the workspace should look like this sample:
View: p4 -s -c YourID.test_sdp_dev sync
3) From the command prompt run run_docker_tests.sh from the root directory. The first time you run it will take a while as it builds the initial docker images!
Build your docker image (from workspace root):
1) docker build --rm=true -t=centos6-sdp -f sdp/test/docker/Dockerfile.centos6.sdp sdp/test/docker
How to run all tests:
1) docker run --rm -v $PWD/sdp:/sdp centos6-sdp /p4/docker_entry.sh
How to interactively poke around inside the container:
1) docker run --rm -v $PWD/sdp:/sdp -it centos6-sdp /bin/bash 2) Run 'su - perforce' to become user perforce (home directory is /p4) 3) /p4/test_sdp.sh
Substitute 'centos' for 'ubuntu' for different distribution in above commands.
Can run new tests:
docker-compose up -d
docker exec sdp_c6master_1 /sdp/Server/test/reset_sdp.sh -no_ssl -B -fast -no_sd
|#5||25113||robert_cowham||Merge latest changes from dev|
|#4||22142||robert_cowham||Merge in latest changes from Dev|
|#2||20726||robert_cowham||Catch up from dev|
|#1||18586||robert_cowham||Branching using cowhamr.sdp.dev|
|#3||12924||tom_tyler||Very minor doc tweaks in SDP test suite.|
|#2||12028||tom_tyler||Refreshed SDP dev branch, merging down from main.|
Fix test comments regarding workspace setup for Workshop location
Tidy Vangrantfile comments
|#1||10148||tom_tyler||Promoted the Perforce Server Deployment Package to The Workshop.|